J. Southern Studio is looking for the perfect candidate to help pack, ship, and receive our goods. Ideally, this person would fit well in our environment, have a flexible schedule, and a solid work ethic. We are looking for someone start training immediately, eventually working 2 to 4 full days a week.
Job Duties Include (but are not limited to):
*A more thorough and comprehensive Job Description will be provided if hired.
- Ensures all wholesale orders are packed to completion and secured in accordance to JSS quality control standards.
- Ensures all web orders are packed to completion, with care, and in line with company branded aesthetics.
- Coordinates with the Production Supervisor to ensure all orders are sent on time or before their scheduled due date. Schedules UPS/ FedEx/ USPS pickups and makes shipping drop offs when necessary.
- Ensure all inbound shipments are unpacked and all items are checked in against packing lists. Likewise, appropriately organizes and puts away all incoming supplies and materials that are delivered.
- Builds shipping containers and makes shipping supplies.
- Maintains inventory and shopping lists of all shipping supplies, weekly.
- Potential cross- training with production prep and finishing.
- Must be on time, flexible, available, and reliable. Ability to adhere to a schedule.
- Must have at least a beginner level understanding with Microsoft Office, Google suite, and using the internet.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- A positive attitude and willingness to help.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to complete written reports legibly and accurately.
- Must be able to handle, hold, and work with small delicate items. Seamstresses, crafty people, and product assemblers are ideal.
- Physical ability to move quickly and efficiently with little mistakes for high turnover.
- Must be able to lift boxes up to 50 lbs, though most boxes weigh less than that.
- Must be able to stand for long periods on solid surfaces.
- Bonus if you appreciate meditation/ new age / metaphysical studies.
- Working in a fun, flexible environment!
- Being able to create items that make a difference in your community and directly to a small business.
- Employee discounts!
- Everything smells great in our office and you will often go home smelling like flowers or incense!
Compensation will be discussed at the time of interview, and will be based on qualifications.
We thrive on creative and positive energy. We love crystals, jewelry, interior design, cracking jokes, tattoos, and energy drinks. Our office is a wonderful shade of pastel salmon pink. Though we are in a super fun, flexible environment, we take our business very seriously and expect you to as well. Positions at JSS are great for people looking to supplement their income with a steady part time job.
To be considered please follow the instructions below. Any emails that do not follow each of these steps will not be considered. All approved applicants are subject to a trial period. Hourly rates will be discussed privately.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume or job history, as well as professional references. These must be attached as a pdf or Word document.
- Please include a cover letter in the text of your email explaining why you are interested in this position and why you think you are a good fit. Additionally please answer the questions below in the body of the email.
- Tell us a bit about yourself- what music do you like, what do you like to do on the weekends, how long have you lived in LA, where are you from etc?
- Do you have any experience in arts, crafts, fashion, or mass production? If yes, please describe.
- Are you good and agile with your hands? Holding and manipulating small items?
- Have you ever worked in a fast- paced environment with strict deadlines? If so, please describe.
- Have you packed boxes or orders for any kind of retail operation before? If so, please describe.
- Do you have experience with a production assembly line of any kind?
- Do you have reliable transportation? What is it?
- What is your current work or school schedule?
- What times or days work best for you?
- What are your short- term work goals?
- What are your long- term work goals?
- What has your favorite job been and why?
- What experiences are you looking to gain?