J. Southern Studio is looking for someone to help with our production and assembly. Ideally, this person would fit well in our environment, have a flexible schedule, and a solid work ethic. We are looking for someone start training immediately, working 2 to 4 full days a week. For the right employee, parts of this job may allow you to occasionally work remotely from home.
Job Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Helps produce all handmade components needed for Ritual Kit, Candle, and Apothecary production on time and within quality control standards, including assembling small bouquets of flowers, rolling scrolls of paper, tying knots and bows, labeling packages, pouring oils and other liquids, etc. We have strict quotas that need to be met, so an individual who can focus and get to work is essential.
- Works cooperatively with production team to meet deadlines and quotas, making sure that all products are assembled and made on time without gaps in production or shipping.
- Taking inventory or raw materials and backstock, and entering this information into spreadsheets.
- Will need to be available to take occasional calls, text, or emails from superiors during and outside of office hours. Will be expected to arrive early, stay late, and occasionally work weekends when needed (i.e. Holiday season or special projects, etc.)
*A more thorough and comprehensive Job Description will be provided if hired.
- Ability to adhere to a schedule.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- A positive attitude and willingness to help.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to complete written reports legibly and accurately.
- Must be able to handle, hold, and work with small delicate items. Seamstresses, crafty people, and product assemblers are ideal.
- Physical ability to move quickly and efficiently with little mistakes for high turnover.
- Must be on time, flexible, available, and reliable.
- Must be able to lift boxes up to 50 lbs, though most boxes weigh less than that.
- Bonus if you appreciate meditation/ new age / metaphysical studies.
- Working in a fun, flexible environment
- Being able to create items that make a difference in your community and directly to a small business.
- Everything smells great in our office and you will often go home smelling like flowers or incense!
Compensation will be discussed at the time of interview, and will be based on qualifications.
We thrive on creative and positive energy. We love crystals, jewelry, interior design, cracking jokes, tattoos, and energy drinks, and our office is a wonderful shade of pastel salmon pink. Though we are in a super fun environment, we take our business very seriously and expect you to as well. That should tell you a lot!
To be considered please follow the instructions below. Any emails that do not follow each of these steps will not be considered. All approved applicants are subject to a trial period. Hourly rates will be discussed privately.
- Email us at email@example.com with your resume or job history, as well as professional references. These must be attached as a pdf or Word document.
- Tell us why you think you would be a good fit for this position.
- Please answer the questions below in the body of the email.
- Tell me a bit about yourself- what music do you like, what do you like to do on the weekends, how long have you lived in LA, where are you from etc?
- Do you have any experience in arts, crafts, fashion, or mass production?
- Do you have experience with a production assembly line of any kind?
- Are you good and agile with your hands? Holding and manipulating small items?
- Do you have reliable transportation? What is it?
- What is your current work or school schedule?
- What times or days work best for you?
- What are your short- term work goals?
- What are your long- term work goals?
- What has your favorite job been and why?
- What experiences are you looking to gain?