J. Southern Studio is looking for someone to help with our administrative and customer service duties. Ideally, this person would fit well in our environment, have a flexible schedule, and a solid work ethic. We are looking for someone start training immediately, working 2 to 4 full days a week, depending on our production schedule. For the right employee, parts of this job may allow you to occasionally work remotely from home.
Job Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Assists Business Manager with administrative tasks such as insurance renewals, data entry, payroll, etc.
- Completes clerical tasks such as filing, organizing files, data entry, updating the office supply and to buy list, and spearheading lunch time and possibly ordering lunch.
- Maintains the company website by updating inventory, printing orders, light blog editing, updating customer and stockist lists, etc.
- Answers customer inquiries (wholesale and retail) in a timely manner; sends emails to customers when needed and sends line sheets to potential new customers and keeps track of customer requests; replies to wholesale applications and updates wholesale application follow up spreadsheet; outreach to new potential customers when necessary; and any other inquiries or necessary customer related tasks so that no customer is left unanswered.
- Assists Packing Assistant with inbound and outbound shipping, including errands to carriers (Ups, USPS, FedEx etc), assembling packing boxes, organizing packing station, cutting bubble wrap and corrugated cardboard strips, entering shipment data and printing shipping labels, etc.
- Assists Production Associates with prepping and finishing of production materials and product when necessary; popping pillow boxes, cutting crinkle paper, printing and cutting instructions or labels, labeling products, etc.
*A more thorough and comprehensive Job Description will be provided if hired.
- Ability to adhere to a schedule.
- Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational, multitasking, and communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, or related software
- Ability to complete written reports legibly and accurately
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Must be on time, flexible, available, and reliable.
- Must be able to lift boxes up to 50 lbs, though most boxes weigh less than that.
- Bonus if you appreciate meditation/ new age / metaphysical studies.
- Working in a fun, flexible environment
- Being able to create items that make a difference in your community and directly to a small business.
- Everything smells great in our office and you will often go home smelling like flowers or incense!
Compensation will be discussed at the time of interview, and will be based on qualifications.
We thrive on creative and positive energy. We love crystals, jewelry, interior design, cracking jokes, tattoos, and energy drinks, and our office is a wonderful shade of pastel salmon pink. Though we are in a super fun environment, we take our business very seriously and expect you to as well. That should tell you a lot!
To be considered please follow the instructions below. Any emails that do not follow each of these steps will not be considered. All approved applicants are subject to a trial period. Hourly rates will be discussed privately.
- Email us at email@example.com with your resume or job history, as well as professional references. These must be attached as a pdf or Word document.
- Tell us why you think you would be a good fit for this position.
- Please answer the questions below in the body of the email.
- Tell me a bit about yourself- what music do you like, what do you like to do on the weekends, how long have you lived in LA, where are you from etc?
- Do you have any experience in arts, crafts, fashion, or mass production?
- Describe to us your experience with Microsoft and Google Suite:
- Do you have reliable transportation? What is it?
- What is your current work or school schedule?
- What times or days work best for you?
- What are your short- term work goals?
- What are your long- term work goals?
- What has your favorite job been and why?
- What experiences are you looking to gain?